Chemical Guys HydroThread Ceramic Fabric Protectant & Stain Repellent
HydroThread is an extremely hydrophobic ceramic protective textile coating and stain guard. Designed to provide extreme durability and hydrophobicity on fabric and cloth surfaces. HydroThread helps repel water and stains without compromising the look, feel, or comfort of vehicle fabrics.
forms a hydrophobic SiO2 barrier that allows liquids to bead on the surface of fabric materials, preventing them from penetrating underlying fibres. This helps to prevent stains and unwanted odours from any accidental spillages! HydroThread is water-based and odourless for maximum versatility on interior and exterior fabrics.
Suitable for use on fabric convertible tops, interior textiles, carpets, and fabrics.
PLEASE NOTE: you must cover up any areas that you do not want the coating going onto. This is a sprayable product so over spray will occur and other surfaces must be protected to avoid damage.
How to Use:
- Clean fabric surface thoroughly. Ensure surface is completely dry.
- Cover non-fabric areas around surfaces to be treated to prevent overspray.
- Shake bottle well, then mist a light coat onto surface.
- Hold bottle at least 12” from surface and lightly mist fabric while sweeping the bottle back and forth to ensure even coverage.
- For best results, work into fibers with a soft bristled brush.
- Allow to dry for 20 minutes, or until the surface is dry.
- Apply a second coat for maximum protection if desired.
- For best results, allow at least 24 hours to dry. Depending on the climate and pile height, the hydrophobic effects will continue to improve even more after 24 hours of being applied. Always test fabric/fiber for color fastness in an inconspicuous area. For more humid climates, you may need to wait longer in-between coats to allow surface to completely dry.
- To maintain: recoat your surface after major spills, heavy duty use, or just because since it's so easy and fun!